More Service Provider Analysis Research
A Buyers' Guide to Dell Technologies
WHAT YOU’LL KNOW AFTER READING
This is a comprehensive buyer-focused analysis of Dell Technologies. This guide will enable buyers of outsourcing services to make better informed sourcing decisions to not only outsource specific services but future-proof their organization in the context of the As-a-Service Economy.
WHAT THIS BUYERS’ GUIDE COVERS
The HfS Buyers' Guide offers a view of the services capabilities of Dell Technologies. It includes:
- Strategy, strengths, and weaknesses
- Industry and horizontal offerings
- Blueprint performance:
- Blueprints covered from 2014 to 2017
- Tools and Methodologies Used
KEY SERVICE PROVIDER DYNAMICS
- Dell Technologies comprises of seven groups of companies—Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream, and VMware. The business is organized along three groups:
- (1) Dell, the client solutions group, which deals with PC and client devices business,
- (2) Dell EMC, the infrastructure solutions group, which represents the combined enterprise portfolio of Dell, EMC, Boomi, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, and Virtustream, and
- (3) VMWare remains a standalone business unit.
- Over the years, Dell has evolved from being a pure hardware provider to services and converged services, and being a listed company to a private one and then back to becoming a public company after the EMC acquisition.
- Dell aims to increase market share in the IT infrastructure for cloud-native workloads, both on and off-premises services.
WHO SHOULD READ THIS REPORT
- Sourcing Managers
- Procurement Professionals
- Buyer Department Heads
- Outsourcing Advisors
- Knowledge Analysts
A Buyer’s Guide to Dell Technologies
Premium Members, Sign In to Download this Research
This research document is available to premium HfS subscribers. If you are interested in becoming one or learning more, please contact us online, or have us call you!