HFS launches a package of insightful reports, interactive data tools, and advisory workshops aimed to help enterprises with RPA decisions: HFS RPA Decision Making Services.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) has emerged as a powerful change agent, with enterprises around the globe embracing it as a means to automate manual processes and create a bridge to a digital future. It has captivated digital operations executives with the promise of quicker implementation than traditional IT projects, business-user friendliness, auditability and compliance, and significantly higher levels of straight-through processing.
However, it is becoming increasingly hard to separate the hype from reality. Despite signs of vibrant growth such as the latest billion+ valuations of the most prominent RPA software firms, RPA is still a nascent market with enterprise strategies continuing to percolate and a notable dearth of experienced talent. There are growing questions about whether RPA can deliver on promised ROI and outcomes. Enterprises adopting RPA are struggling to solve challenges around the process, change, talent, training, infrastructure, security, and governance.
In order to help enterprises navigate the RPA journey confidently, HFS has packaged its RPA insights, data, and experience in an easy to consume package for enterprises. The “HFS RPA Decision Making Services” package offers our clients a one-stop shop and an easy-to-access solution that can deliver all you need from the leading 10 RPA solutions across 35 performance directions.
HFS RPA START Services: Interactive data-rich tools to separate hype from reality
- HFS RPA Product Selector. RPA success starts with the selection of the right RPA tool that fits your requirements. The RPA Product Selector allows users to choose the relative importance of 35+ RPA product assessment dimensions. Based on the selected criteria, it recommends the top five RPA products that best suit the customized requirements.
- HFS RPA Case Study Treasury. In order to factually demonstrate what RPA is capable of, HFS has developed a comprehensive RPA case study compendium. It includes ~150 searchable and filterable case studies across various process areas, industries and geographies. The case studies all include the client’s stated business problem (why automate), solution description (how did you do it) and resultant benefits achieved (what did you achieve).
User-experience driven Top 10 RPA products and services reports
- HFS Top 10 RPA Service Providers report. We assessed 29 RPA services providers across a defined series of innovation, execution, and voice of the customer criteria. The report highlights the overall ratings for all 29 participants and the top five leaders for each sub-category. This report also includes detailed profiles of each service provider, outlining their overall and sub-category rankings, provider facts, and detailed strength and weaknesses. Players assessed include: Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, Cognizant, Conduent, Deloitte, DXC, EXL, EY, Genpact, HCL, Hexaware, IBM, Infosys, KPMG, LTI, Mindfields, Mphasis, NTT DATA, PwC, Roboyo, Sutherland, Symphony Ventures, Syntel, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Virtual Operations, Wipro, and WNS.
- HFS Top 10 RPA Products report. With the mission to demystify RPA products and uncover the truth to successful RPA deployment, we conducted a first of its kind RPA Customer Experience (CX) research to develop the “HFS Top 10 RPA Products.” The research is based on interviews over 350 clients and product partners across the ten leading RPA products. It provides a comprehensive assessment of the products on their ability to execute, innovation capability, and voice of the customer. RPA products assessed include Antworks, Automation Anywhere, BluePrism, Kofax, Kryon, Nice, Pegasystems, Thoughtonomy, UiPath, and Workfusion.
- Half-day customized ThinkTank to leverage HFS Analysts as sounding boards to your intelligent automation strategy and plans. HFS ThinkTanks represent a collaborative workshop-based approach to support clients on their intelligent automation journey. HFS Analysts spend time with the clients to understand the client context, initiatives, and challenges. HFS then prepares client-specific customized insights across the triple-A trifecta (automation, artificial intelligence and smart analytics), function and industry to cover both the demand and supply perspectives. The HFS ThinkTanks enable both the client and HFS analyst to discuss challenges and develop action items in an informal and intimate setting.
Speaking about RPA Decision Making Services, Phil Fersht, CEO of HFS Research, says: “Having first introduced RPA to the world in 2012, it’s a privilege to be able to offer businesses the first complete insight solution-set that guides businesses on their RPA journeys and help them scale-up their enterprise-wide automation capabilities.”
About HFS Research
HFS’ mission is to provide visionary insight into major innovations impacting business operations, including automation, artificial intelligence, blockchain, digital business models, and smart analytics.
We focus on the future of operations across key industries. We influence the strategies of enterprise customers to develop operational backbones to stay competitive and partner with capable services providers, technology suppliers, and third-party advisors.