HfS Research Hosted its first “Live and Unfiltered Outsourcing Debate between Buyers and Providers” on August 4, 2011. Over 700 people worldwide listened as three buyers of outsourcing services and three service providers shared their distinct world views and wisdom, moderated by HfS Founder Phil Fersht.
The top nine learnings were:
- Innovation is not free. And it takes special effort on everyone’s part to make it happen.
- Immature and plain vanilla processes (like corporate email and social) work well in the cloud. Complex, customized systems may never get there.
- Companies have plenty of data. Today they want insights into that data.
- Buyers want business outcomes as well as cost savings, believing both are essential to their survival.
- Mature outsourcing buyers are moving up the value chain to outsource more complex tasks.
- There is a greater focus on industry-specific offerings. Scope is expanding in horizontal offerings so the supplier can deliver business outcomes.
- Buyers want to increase their global footprint beyond India.
This webinar replay is available on request. Reach out to us to get access.