More The Internet of Things Research
HfS Blueprint Report: Internet of Things Services 2018
WHAT THIS BLUEPRINT REPORT COVERS
This report is built on detailed analysis of 27 leading Service Providers’ Internet of Things / Digitalization businesses, and of over 50 interviews with their clients. It describes key market trends, from technology usage to pricing models employed. The client interviews reveal what the top barriers to adoption are, and the key bugbears that cause most customer dissatisfaction. We give advice on what clients should consider before engaging a Service Provider. There are detailed profiles of the 27, with HfS’s views on their strengths and challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL KNOW AFTER READING
- The relative strengths of 27 Service Providers’ IoT / Digitalization offerings
- What to think about when engaging a Service Provider
- The sheer breadth of technologies employed in this space.
KEY MARKET DYNAMICS
- The IoT professional services market was worth $10 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow by 30%
- The value proposition of IoT services is two-dimensional: saving money by maximizing productivity and reducing cost and waste and making money by improving demand forecasting, enhancing customer experience, and enabling faster time to market.
- The IoT services market is still nascent in terms of technology fragmentation (over 30 platforms) and services provision, despite rapid advancements across standards, platforms, techniques, infrastructure, devices, architecture, and security. A diverse ecosystem is evolving to provide the “customer solution.”
- The top three reasons IoT projects don’t take off are: resistance to change in an organization, cost-legacy systems incompatible with new requirements, and a lack of understanding of the RoI.
- Clients told us that the top three areas that they'd like to see their service providers improve are: providing better communication through a project, increasing their domain expertise, and sorting out a service provider’s cumbersome internal processes to avoid slowing the project down.
WHO SHOULD READ THIS REPORT
Executive leaders and business unit leaders, technology leaders, advisors and IoT / Digitalization project leads in all industry sectors.
SERVICE PROVIDERS WE DISCUSS
Accenture, Altran, Aricent, Atos, Capgemini, Cognizant, EPAM, EY, Genpact, Happiest Minds, HARMAN, HCL, IBM, Infosys, KPMG, L&T Technology Services, LTI, Luxoft, NIIT Technologies, NTT DATA, Persistent Systems, PwC, Syntel, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Tieto and Wipro.
HfS Blueprint Report: IoT Services 2018
Premium Members, Sign In to Download this Research
This research document is available to premium HFS subscribers. If you are interested in becoming one or learning more, please contact us online, or have us call you!