More Engineering Research
HfS Blueprint: Embedded and Semiconductor Engineering Services
WHAT THIS BLUEPRINT REPORT COVERS
The 2017 HfS Embedded and Semiconductor Services Blueprint Report provides a market overview and evaluation of the leading service providers in this space. This includes their skills across the HfS Embedded and Semiconductor Engineering Services Value Chain: Design, Development, Testing, and Support across embedded software, hardware, and semiconductor engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL KNOW AFTER READING
- Key trends driving the embedded and semiconductor engineering services market
- The strengths and challenges to take into consideration for the service providers including their capability, vision, and investment priorities
- Areas we expect to see the most growth in over the next few years
- Recommendations for both service buyers and service providers to get the most out of their relationships and to stay relevant in this market respectively
KEY MARKET DYNAMICS
- Digital is influencing embedded and semiconductor engineering: IoT is adding new complexities to system on chip (SoC) design and software level development including gateways, edge analytics, cloud-based platform and other factors.
- Lower geometric chip design: Chip designing is now becoming very complex and confined to lower geometry including other factors, such as clock/timing, power optimization, yield and coverage improvement etc.
- Nonlinear pricing model: Accelerated go-to-market timeline, lower capex investment, and frequent design changes are a few demands from client side that are fueling the outcome-based pricing models in this space.
- Local manufacturing ecosystem: In embedded hardware and semiconductor services, in-house manufacturing facilities are increasingly becoming a differentiating factor for prototype designing, low-volume manufacturing, and other purposes.
WHO SHOULD READ THIS REPORT
Executive leaders and business unit leaders, technology leaders, R&D leaders, management consultants, investment professionals, advisors, and outsourcing managers who have responsibilities in building out embedded and semiconductor service delivery capabilities.
SERVICE PROVIDERS WE DISCUSS
Alten, Altran, Aricent, Capgemini, Cognizant, eInfochips, Happiest Minds, HARMAN, HCL, Infosys, KPIT, L&T Technology Services, Luxoft, Mindtree, QuEST Global, Sasken, Tata Elxsi, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro
HfS Blueprint: Embedded and Semiconductor Engineering Services 2017
Premium Members, Sign In to Download this Research
This research document is available to premium HfS subscribers. If you are interested in becoming one or learning more, please contact us online, or have us call you!